Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

"It's New to Me"

I finally took my first vacation day this past Friday from my new job, which I started back in the summer. I of course spent the morning garage selling!! Oh how I have missed it so much, I haven't gotten to do in a long while. It kind of a ended up being a bummer day for garage sales in our area, but I did manage to find a steal of a deal on a nice coffee table. It's solid wood and over sized, and the best part it was only $15 bucks. I figured I could slap a new color on it and it would fit nicely in my home, and that's exactly what it has done.
I stripped the clear coat off and threw on a coat of dark Kona stain, dragged a rag over it, and ended up with a fancy coffee table that look almost like leather (or something to that effect). Now I am going to be on the lookout for some end tables. I am thinking I want to do a mismatched look, but color them the same to kind of give a unique but cozy look, if that even makes any sense.

BEFORE
Deglosser-wipe on, wipe off, super easy!
Good ole Rustoleum, in Kona (beautiful dark color)
Applied a good single coat, waited about 10 mins and dragged a rag over it.
 It ended with a nice rustic leather like look. Love it!!
Put it in the back of the truck, and it ended up being
 Lane brand (supposedly a good one).
Fits perfectly with my decor.

1 comment: