Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

ScRaPPy

Well I actually sewed a whole stinking blanket!! Yay!! With the help of Becky (my mom-in-law) I made a super cute scrappy quilt and LOVE IT!! I still can't believe i am learning to sew, and liking it!! It took about, I don't know, 16 hours or so and was so fun to make!.....


After all squares were sewn together, laid them out to make the pattern before attaching rows
You cut out your squares (front material and back) and then you sew the front piece to the back piece from each corner to make an X. Then you sew those squares together in rows with the seam part out (haha, sometimes at 3 in the morning you forget and don't realize it ;o) ) and then sew those rows to each other until you have your full size blanket. Finally you just sew a couple times around the edge of the whole thing and then the most tedious part is snipping the fringe to give it the scrappy look, & DONE! After its used and washed a few times it will look more fringey I think, but its still cute. I used soft fuzzy fleece on the back of mine, so hopefully some blanket by the fireplace weather comes soon! And of course I will rock the Halloween blanket all year long! (and make a Christmas one eventually)




I love the witch hats & boots, they are actually glittery!



So soft and snugly!

It makes the perfect lounge blanket!

1 comment:

  1. Cuteness! I once made a gigantic fleece blanket for my husband. I sewed huge cute-outs of the Cowboys and Mavs emblems that I designed.....It took so long, but it turned out so awesome. I've never had the patience to make another one though!

    ReplyDelete