Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2011

It's about time...

Fall is finally here, so that means its time to get started on the Halloween projects so I can transform my home into spooky cuteness the first weekend of October!! Yay, cannot wait!! I have a few projects I wanna get done this week and am starting with making some fun Spell & Potions books to go with the mantle decor I have in mind.....


Started with a regular hard back book...
 I found dollar books at garage sells and I am turning them into my own spell books. This was a fun and easy DIY project and super cheap! The first book I made is the Spooky Spells. I just got the Happy Hauntings cartridge for my Cricut and am totally in love!! It is the perfect Halloween everything!! If you have a  Cricut, I totally suggest getting it! I also started using Tim Holtz Distressed Inks and am loving them too!! They give an awesome distressed look to any project, and if you haven't tried them already, trust me DO!!! I am kinda addicted to getting all the colors and hope to soon have the entire ink collection. Oh, and I have something else that I am super excited about and am still waiting on it to come in the mail. Seriously, it has got to be the cutest scrapbooking thing I have found in a long time!! Ah!! I can't wait to share & I will blog about it as soon as it comes in.



Used the Dremel to tear up the cover & pages
Painted it a few colors to make it look oldish


Used my new favorite product for the pages and the cover of the book
after i painted to give it an old spooky look

Here are the pages up close after i inked them

Stamped a few details on the cover & cut the wording out on my Cricut


Love this spider & web, i cut it out on the Cricut with vinyl, inked over the web
and then pulled it off to give the contrast look, then did the opposite for the
spider used the stencil part of the vinyl and inked the spider in,
turned out so cute i think!!

Wrote on the spine with a glue pen and used my Martha Stewart glitter
& inked and stamped to spice it up a bit


...and got a super cute Spooky Spells book.

1 comment: