Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I was just curious...

Ok, so I have always wanted a fully loaded Kitchen-Aid mixer (<---that's a link) and one day, hopefully soon, I will get one. Seriously come on, who doesn't want a mixer that does everything but hug your kids. And all of the colors are so deliciously cute, I would have a hard time choosing!! I have a great Sunbeam mixer that was red & black (yes, when we first got married almost a decade ago, I wanted to do all red in the kitchen) and it gets the job done.....


Almost started without taking a before shot!
 Well, when we built the house I wanted to do orange & black in the kitchen & since I got the cute Paula Deen orange pots I wanted to make my mixer orange too. I was of course curious and wanting to experiment, and a little bored, so I researched painting your mixer...and wow there are a lot of cute things out there, even custom painting like actual airbrush design!! But I decided to take the easy/lazy route and go with good ole spray paint. It was totally experimental, but I think it turned out okay. It definitely has the Halloween look to it, which I love!! So with a little help from my hubby, he had to sand it a few times for me to make it smooth, my old red mixer is now a fresh pumpkin orange....until the day I invest in my Kitchen Aid, which might even be Raspberry Ice!! Oh the possibilities.

Taped it up really good, and FYI foil works great for odd shaped covers

After a few coats with sanding in between.

Now I have an orange mixer!! Yay!! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! You did a great job! I love our kitchen aid mixer, it's red and fabulous.

    ReplyDelete