Search This Blog

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Made My Own...

I recently got an awesome Paula Deen signature pot set from my Mom for my birthday & they are orange and oh so cute!! I didn't want to throw them in the cabinet and wanted to be able to look at them whenever i wanted and for others to see their cuteness too. So I decided to find a pot rack....


Frame Before (Frank wanted in the pic)
After looking online and seeing how crazy expensive they can be, i searched DIY pot racks and found oh so many cute ideas. I loved the look of the ladder in a country kitchen, but my kitchen is not so country and more cozy modern i think. So, I loved the look of the old window turned pot rack, but found finding old windows wasn't so easy. Well, after long thought an idea came to me, why not make my own window! I have a large heavy frame I got garage selling for like $5 bucks and decided to use that to make a window. I am super happy with the look and now i am on the hunt for battery powered Christmas lights to lay on top. :o)


Spray painted the frame black....

Painted some super thin trim to make panes

Glued the trim to make the panes

Added hooks to the sides and chain to hang

And a super cute pot rack for less than $10 bucks! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Neat idea. Haven't seen one made from a window/picture frame. you're right about them being ridiculously priced in retail. I found a sturdy kids ladder in a garage sale for $4 and painted/distressed it to make our rack. BTW, I always find old windows at old country garage sales or crafty antique and junk shops. They're usually too worn out to be strong enough to support that kind of weight, so I think you made a good decision.

    ReplyDelete