Search This Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2013

"One Man's Trash Is Another's Treasure..."

   So, I found this cool old hutch cabinet thing on the curb last year. Someone was actually throwing it away. My hubby of course couldn't stand the fact I brought home another 'treasure' I had found, and that I would keep it in "his" garage until I did something with it. But, I figured I could make it into something awesome I could use to display my most loved and prized possessions and he of course could not see the potential...

 
   Ok so this was once a part of a hutch at some point, and it is pretty old. It also had a weird bottom on it that made it really kind of tall and was in desperate need of a new finish. But I have been wanting a cool way to display my Nightmare Before Christmas memorabilia, and when I saw this sitting on the curb my creativeness started flowing and I saw this had the worn out spooky old house look I was wanting!!
   So after sitting in the garage for almost a year (oops), I finally had the time and was ready to transform this 'junk'. My sister came over and taught me how to use the saw, and since she is a pro I just let her do it for me...thanks Katie!! We leveled it off on the bottom, getting rid of that hideous thing it had. (I kinda forgot to take a true before pic before we chopped it off...sorry.) And then I just added a good coat of stain to match my living room tables, and bam! A new piece of furniture from someone else's trash. I soooo love it!! It turned out exactly like I had envisioned, and displays my collectables perfectly!! Best part is, it cost a whopping $0.00. Yay!!
 
Sawing off the bottom...
 
After staining
 
Love the old creepy look it has...
 
And inside holds my 'loves'...

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment